Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM

Default ePassoprte, UIEGA deadline

So, I guess I'm confused. The 270 day "grace period" for the UIGEA is supposedly up by July 10th. I understand that things prbly won't be in order for the federal reserve board to write the new laws into legislation by this time. I also understand that Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez himself has said that he doesn't feel the law can be enforced properly. This is obviously outstanding news. But I still have very serious concerns. Neteller got shut down all of the sudden on January 18th when they themselves said they would continue to accept US customers until the 270 grace period was up. How is it that Epassporte is still able to function? I have read the entire UIGEA act cover to cover and what ePassporte is doing is in clear violation of it? Now don't get me wrong here; I use ePassporte as my main cashout method as I derive most of my income from playing online poker. I would be devastated (at least temporarily) if ePassporte got shut down or if they stopped doing business with US customers. I am just trying to understand what is going on with them. It seems to me that they wont be able to stay in business forever with the UIGEA floating around out there, even if the US govt is dragging their feet on it. What is the future of online poker depositing and, most importantly to me, withdrawing?