Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: David Singer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I wrote earlier, verbal rules are worthless. Unless they are written down with no wriggle room the rules will always be open to interpretation. Giving verbal rules to a room filled with 1500 or so nervous, anxious people who speak multiple languages is the height of stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but the practical, day-to-day way the rules were enforced is not worthless, and that reflected the same policy as the loudspeaker announcements and was not based on the arcane language of the rulebook that no one sees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Verbal, written, who cares? If other ppl had their hands declared dead throughout the previous events in the WSOP, for just TOUCHING their cell phones, then this one should of been too.

In other words, if it had been interpreted as such before in previous instances, then it should of been this time to.

Other wise it begs the question now, can all the other players who's hands were declared dead who didn't make the money, can they now appeal to have THEIR money refunded, because they didn't get paid on key hands where their hands were declared dead for just touching their cell phones?

FWIW, I think it's stupid that ppl just can't either turn off their phones prior to starting, or let the damm thing ring until their finished with the hands.

I've done it a number of times, where I just let me cell phone ring, even when I was on call (I'm a Telecommunications Technician by trade) for that week, when it rang when I was in the middle of the hand.

I then simply checked once I was finished with the hand, to see if the call was important enough to call back or wait until later.

Also, everyone I know, knows pretty much when I'm playing in a major event and can't be disturbed. They know if I don't answer my phone, I must still be playing, and that I will get back to them on a break or something.