Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2007, 12:21 PM

Default How to deal with Angle Shooter?

Playing 1/2 NL at Beau Rivage last night and my third hand i get dealt two black kings. I raise it up from early position and get 5 callers. Flop comes Q 10 5 rainbow. I bet about 80% of pot and guy immediately to my left pops me to $100. I had already tagged him as a fish in the two previous hands. I move in for $80 more and he calls.

Here is where it gets interesting.....he says "You got a set too?" I tell him, nope, your set is good. Turn and River bring blanks and i say again - your set is good.....he keeps waiting for me to muck....not being an idiot i don't and he finally flips up his AQ for top pair on board and i show my kings winning the pot.

Now i know i made the last bet and he called so i am suppose to show first but when he declares a hand that i tell him is good and he is trying to get me to muck that's a clear angle-shot.

How do you deal with a guy like this?

Since i had just sat down i didn't want to set my image as a complainer. Plus he reached back in for more money and i figured (correctly by the way) that he would be doing this many times so i didn't want to tap the glass. So i kept my mouth shut until he left the table.

Oh - later he put a bill in his pocket and i asked him "what happened to the bill you had on the table" his response "i went south with it".....lol......i explained that you can't do this and gave him a chance to correct his "mistake" and he didn't so i called him out on it to the dealer.