Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Default A few beginner NLTRN questions

I have only been playing poker for two months and have found my favourite game to be heads up sit and gos. I am a poor student so have started with a bankroll of $40 on pokerstars, I have got this up to $70 dollars by playing $2 sit and gos.

So far I have played about 20 and have won about 16, whilst having a 12 match unbeaten run. I know from reading the forum for a few weeks that this sample size is too small to conclude anything.

How much of difference in skill is there between $2 and $5 SNG's? What sort of bankroll should I get to before trying the $5?

I have played in one 128man $2 winner takes all tourny which i finished in 5th place. Do you think it is worth trying to play these everyday trying to take the big score of $256 considering it takes possibly 4 hours to complete. Do you think luck is too much of a factor?

I live in England and am able to play on any poker site. Do you think partypoker has weaker competition that pokerstars for heads up?

So far I have been trying to play small pots with marginal hands and just waiting for players to make mistakes when I hold great hands. I have generally kept my bet size same size regardless of my hand strength. The majority of the time i check/fold to a flop bet when I have missed out of position, unless i have ace high or something and the player is making small bets. Is this a good strategy or a big leak that will be exploited at higher limits?

cheers sorry for the long post hopefully someone will take there time to answer my beginner questions!