Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Boxing This Weekend- July 7th

This is fight weekend is flying under the radar, but with 3 championship fights on HBO and Showtime this Saturday it could be an exciting weekend. I am going to be brief on straight to the point in this post.

Wladimmir Klitschko vs. Lamon Brewster

Ok Wlad is absolutely destroying everything put in front of him right now, but he was also doing the same a few years ago before his chin got exposed. Wlad has now become the fighter its hard to win money on because his odds are real steep, deserving so, but because of his weak chin any opponet will always have the puncher's chance against him. So I DO NOT recommend betting Wlad at anything higher then -300 just way too much of a risk, unless of course he is fighting James Toney or Chris Byrd. So then comes the O/U
7.5 rounds +106
7.5 rounds -116
Have to give props to the odds makers on this one, they set a VERY tough line. I was hoping they would come out with 9.5 rounds and something like -200, that would be NIIIICE, but those guys know what they are doing. This is a tough bet, the UNDER is bet, but 7.5 I think is going to cause people on both sides to sweat. I just think Wlad's straight right will connect against the wide open offense of Brewster. Brewster chin checking Wlad and getting a stoppage is also a possibility. But then again I could see Wlad jabbing and not wanting to let Brewster get close enough to KO him. Wlad has been known to fight a little cautious. This could resemble the Wlad/Brock fight where Wlad sleep walked through the first 5 rounds and then turned it on to finish Brock easily. I just feel like Wlad is on a roll right now and he KO's Brewster. Damn this is a tough bet, but if someone is looking to bet it, I would recommend the UNDER.

Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire
Vic Darchinyan -900
Nonito Donaire +700

Vic really pounded Nonito's less skilled brother really badly. Vic fights about as akward a style as there is, but I still believe a fighter with good footwork coupled with fast hands, the ability to dodge punches and avoid getting caught in a corner will provide a fighter chance to beat Vic. I think Donito might be that fighter. Let me rephrase that, Nonito might be able to beat Vic, but at +700 and going up its a nice longshot bet. If Nonito can stay out of the corners and show a little power of his own to slow down the constant coming Vic he has a chance. Betting Vic is much easier said then done.

Travis Simms vs Joachim Alcine
Travis Simms -298
Joachim Alcine +268

Over 11.5 rounds +106
Under 11.5 rounds -116

This fight could be a really exciting fight. Both guys are undefeated and Simms is another rugged straight ahead fighter who likes to throw everything he has. Alcine, also undefeated, will fight to win this fight instead of fighting cautious. Both fighters have KO power and both fighters have been down before. I just see fireworks from the opening round and eventually someone will get caught and hurt. The under is the way to go in this one, especially at 11.5 rounds at close to even money. This is my best bet of the night.

Enjoy the fights.

Tuds