Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: July. (#11 of 11.)

I have over 100k hands at WPEX over the last year, but with the new rake format of contributed rake and 25% cut it is no longer worth the time. My rake has lost 50% of its value. While 75% sounds great, when I consider that poker tracker shows me averaging almost 2BB/100 hands when I combine all other sites data. WPEX offers only .5BB/100 hands win rate. This I think is due mostly to the tough tables at WPEX and also to the fact that internet poker has tighten so much over the last few months due to Joe Six-pack not willing to jump through hoops to get money on line.

After tracking my rack back this week I see in order to make the $75 rake each week I would almost have to live on the computer unless I play at least 2/4, and even then it would be a long hard grind. Why you did not offer three tournaments at twenty-five dollars rake each instead of the all or nothing I do not know. It would seem to me that if you are trying to attract the casual and hobby player you would not have set it up to where only 3/6 grinders and above are able to qualify. This sets up a situation where the casual and low limit player are adding to the prize pool, but have very little chance of qualifying.

Not complaining, not whining, and not offering suggestions. Just wanted to tell Fred and WPEX thanks for trying rake free. I would be lying if I said I have enjoyed my time there, but for a while it was profitable, so thanks for that. I have supported it as long as possible and it is time to take my fishing pole to a new hole, hopefully with a few more fish. Good luck to everyone at WPEX. If nothing else I think I am a better player for my time there and I am sure that will pay dividends down the road.