Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Getting the most from a great flop

When I hit the flop hard whether it be sets or 2 pair, I almost never slow play them since a raise on the turn sets off warning signals in lots of players minds. Many times I get another player in with me that also hit the flop and my quandry is whether to re-raise or cap on the flop because it seems that on the turn, my opponents really slow down (as well they should). The following is what I think a typical hand I have trouble with betting. This hand is a 2-pair hand but I have hands with sets that have a similar line. Usually the hands are 3 or even 4 handed.

Hero in BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain 1 55.17/3.45/.61 for less than 75 hands UTG+1
Villain 2 76.92/3.85/1.36 for less than 50 hands MP2

V1 calls, V2 calls, Hero checks

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, V1 calls, V2 raises, Hero?

I have almost always re-raised here and then usually 1 villain calls so I get the same number of bets in the post with 1 fewer opponent which is a good thing. Usually with these hands I want more opponents since I have a hand that will usually hold up. Then on the the turn the 1 remaining player checks and calls the Turn and often folds the River.

If I just call the raise then I can bet/3 bet the Turn and get an extra 1.5 BB but then I have 2 opponents. What are your opinions on this.

I am talking about hands that one is pretty sure that they will hold up.