Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Three SLAG hands

[ QUOTE ]
My definition of SLAG is 'Slightly loose preflop, hypergaggressive postflop".

[/ QUOTE ]

New definition taken.

[ QUOTE ]
It does not mean stupid, quite the contrary.

For example, HAND 1. Villain actually cold-called with 77. His raise (and he'd probably cap) - was it stupid with Ace showing against tight preflop raiser? No, it was very aggressive though. He might have put me on a steal and tried to represent the Ace himself. If I show too much aggression too fast, he'll know I flopped top pair and can safely fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he puts you on a steal, the coldcall preflop was pretty bad. It invites the blinds to come in with cards > 7. This is a standard preflop 3-bet with often the best hand. It would be more interesting to "know" his plan when he doesn't hit a 2-outer.

[ QUOTE ]
He got his two-outer on the turn, which was completely disguised. I actually though pocket 88 after he 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts were similar. I thought he flopped a set or possibly two pair with A8o.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Knowing what we know (pocket 77) do you still think 3-betting the flop is correct? Majority of the time the villain correctly deduces ace in the hole and mucks. I'm telling you - raise/fold are becoming very common plays

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how he will play the rest of the hand. If he's dumb (and I claim that he probably is), he'll bet the turn and river even though it's pretty clear you're calling down. If he's better than that, I'd rather 3-bet but more for metagame reasons. I would also 3-bet flush draws, straight draws, and maybe even overcard-type hands.

Against raise/fold players, I worry less about making extra money with strong hands and worry more about making extra money with weak hands.

You have to be able to identify the specific playing styles of the villains, especially in heads up pots. Some give up fast and others bet until you raise them. Know which ones check behind on the river because you will want to get your value raises in on the turn instead. Pay attention to your image and the flop texture.