Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: free Nate

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bob:

The following is also available to our moderators.

Best wishes,
Mason

Despite my posts to the contrary, he made it very clear that

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore I'm led to conclude that Mason just doesn't care very much about grammar or style.

[/ QUOTE ]
or something similar.

In my responses, I not only pointed out that we do care very much about writing issues, but right at the moment we have two texts which have been significantly delayed because of writing issues and these delays have cost us a fair amount of revenue which will not be recovered (and the authors have lost royalties that will not be recovered). So I don't know how else to answer his criticisms.

Yet he kept on. And eventually when this sort of thing happens, it becomes clear that there is an axe to grind and in his own way he's trying to damage our company. So he's now on vacation.

Normally I'm not the one who bans people and this authority is delegated to Mat Sklansky and through him to the rest of the moderators. So if and when Mat feels it's appropriate to reinstate this poster, it will be his decision. But I suspect his vacation will last at least a few days.

There's also another issue here. Checking my emails, this poster sent me his resume in March of 2006 looking for an editor job. Due to a computer crash where I lost some of my sent emails from my hard disk, I don't have my response to him. But we get these inquiries every now and then and my policy is to politely turn these people down.

Also, the book our critic is so negative towards is a book that was very difficult to edit, and in which our editing work was quite extensive. But unlike the other books I mention, we did make a decision to go with this text and not send it back to the authors for rewriting. We also decided not to bring in a skilled writer, such as an Alan Schoonmaker. These are decisions that we make inside our company and we try to make the best decisions we can given the information we have available. They are also impacted by publishing schedule, perceived sales potential, ease of working with the author(s), impact of the book on the company in general, printing costs, and a host of other issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got tired by the end of the other thread (2 hours of sleep all weekend will do that) but i'm pretty sure there was nothing by MM in that thread as expansive or informative as this. i'm pretty sure if this post, minus lol banaments info, had been in the other thread then nate would still be around.

add me to the collective in support of nate.