Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: TPGK two cold.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not convinced 3betting is far from correct here.

MP1 is just being a fish.
MP2's stats are uber LAGTAG. I imagine that this flop raise doesn't mean we are behind all that often. It's probably not far from incorrect for him to raise AK or AQ here, to knock out reverse domination hands or gutshots since the pot is so big, not to mention I'm sure he raises this spot with Ax[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a good portion also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen someone with stats like 26/17/2 being characterized as LAG (okay, uber LAGTAG here whatever that means, but it still holds). On a 25 hand sample the difference between 19VPIP and 26VPIP could be as little as 2 hands. A 50 hand sample, 18VPIP = 9 hands, 25 VPIP = 13 hands, is 4 hand difference.

Couple that small difference with a 94VPIP player who makes it worthwhile to play more hands and isolate the loose player and I wouldn't consider MP2 a lag.

With all the pre-flop limpers that will probably call the bet, I don't mind the pre-flop call here, but I'm wanting a OE straight draw and/or a flush draw on the flop.

On the flop all you have is backdoors, your outs are tainted and MP2 likes his hand.. unless I've seen him raise flop-donks with AK... he may just be trying to isolate the fish.... meh, big pot and I'd really look for an excuse to call but I don't think I can find it with this hand.