Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Default checkraised on the river by roc

40-80 live, great games. two hands. roc for those who dont know him is a cool guy. he recently won $1.3 mil playing poker and in the pit in vegas and then lost all of it and is now back playing 20 and 40 at oceans. he's had a lot of experience playing very big games at commerce. he's a lag tag, way heavy on the lag most of the time. he's tricky and smart, but also reckless. his game heavily ranges from super good to terrible. ive played a fair amount of heads up and shorthanded with roc, i like playing against him, like my spot against him, but it's a bit like sky diving or shark fishing or unprotected sex or lighting farts on fire: fun but dangerous.

anyway one last thing to note is roc raises the river more than any other player in the game. he raises with one pair, raises on bluffs, and raises with the nuts. maybe that means i should just call in both cases below. or does it?

hand 1: 4 handed, he's directly on my right thank god. he raises, i 3 bet TT, he 4 bets, i call.

the flop is J83. he bets, i just call.

the turn is a 2. he bets, i call.

the river is a 9. he checks, i bet, he checkraises...

hand 2: full game, huge fish limps, i limp w/ 33 in mp, someone limps behind me, roc completes in the sb, bb checks.

flop is 442 rainbow. roc bets, bb fish calls, next fish calls, i call, button folds.

turn is an 8. roc bets, both fish fold, i call.

river is a Q. roc checks, i bet, he checkraises...