Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Where will playing be most profitable?

I'm looking for suggestions on where it would be most profitable for me to play (apologize in advance for the long post). I live in Canada so I can basically play anywhere but Bodog. I have accounts at Party, Stars, Full Tilt (w/ rakeback), and UB (w/o rakeback).

My situation is that I built up a bankroll from $50 to a combined $1200 basically divided evenly between Party, Stars, and FT. I started at the low end and then worked my way up to NL10 and NL25 and took a few shots at NL50.

Now what I've done is I have cashed out about $1000 of this to buy myself a new PC (this was my goal, and I needed a new one badly as mine is 5 years old).

So with my remaining $200 I am obviously dropping down to NL10 again for a while. I would like to focus most of my attention on one site so that the loyalty programs and/or rakeback can actually do something rather spreading my time and money out between so many sites.

So I am wondering if the rakeback at FT makes up for the tougher competition compared to the extra money that I can win easily at Party. I still enjoy the MTT format of Stars, especially the 180's, so I will obv still be playing some of those there. I have about $300 bonus to clear on FT and $120 on UB if that makes any difference.

As an aside: I am also curious how a lot of you are cashing out, especially in the US. Neteller has taken the same action in Canada as the US now so that's out for me. I've been using Moneybookers, so transferring between sites is not a problem, but to cash out I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a cheque as that's the only option available to me. I suppose credit card is the only real way???

Thanks for any suggestions!