Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Another Tent Fiasco

I just returned from playing the Omaha 8b Pot Limit tourney. I was the unlucky one at the table next to the door inside the tent. Everytime the first door opened, if the dealer was dealing, the wind would flip the cards exposing them. It happened a total of 7 times. I had two hands ruined by losing a 2 and another time a 3 to go with my A and make the hand playable. I would have hit the nut flush and nut low to scoop the pot. These turned out to be 2 of my only 4 playable hands the first 4 hours of the tourney.

I was low stacked by the dinner break, was forced to go in shortly after the break. I had a great hand better than my caller, but he got lucky when his A247 beat my A23J after a flop of (A, 5, 7) Turn 6 ,River 3.

Also I had freezing cold air blowing directly on me continuously. It gave me a wicked sinus headache. I complained but they did nothing. They said the AC company was on the way but and hour and a half later it was still the same.

Honestly I have to wonder if my whole tourney was ruined by this BS. Should I and the others who suffered the tent BS get some compensation ?

A thank you to Men the Master, who came to our table after an hour, and saw me freezing. He game me his coat which I put over my head. Even after busting out, he let me keep it until later. What a nice guy.

Mary C.
aka AnnieJr