Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Hypo Question

Okay, now anyone who has played with me or seen posts made in various forums know that I am a small winner since june 2003.

BRAG: Winning player
BEAT: 20k in four years

I spend alot of money on poker books also, even the bad ones... just to stimulate thinking more than anything.

So, this morning during my commute I was daydreaming about poker and this came up...

It is Day 2 of the Main Event, you get pocket nines. You open raise about 4x the blind. One person calls and Phil Ivey calls from the button.

The flop is taken three-way and is 9 8 2 rainbow.

You bet out about half the pot, the middle guy folds and Ivey holding pocket eights re-raises thinking.. if you have 99 he is crushed, AKs you will fold and TT, JJ, QQ, KK and AA.. he will double thru you.

Long story short... it gets all-in on the flop and the hands are shown. You offer to run it three times if Ivey will give you 10% of his action. (you have him covered).

You are guaranteed to win two-thirds of the pot and have an outside shot of a 10% stake in Ivey.

Does this sound like a good deal, or should it be a higher percentage or possibly run more or less times?

Flame away if you want.. it's just Kevroc but, its a boring Thursday morning and I like to hear replies.

Oh, and I'm posting this in BBV4L because this is the forum I read the most...