Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: wsop cash games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2-5 game at the Rio is juicy. Usually 2 good players per table and they are easy to spot. 2 guys who think they know how to play but are average at best and the rest is easy pickens.

Stay away from the S&G's, structure sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I figured the S&G's wouldn't be the best choice, as I'd be doing the lower ($100-200 range) buy-ins. With 15 minute levels and lower starting chips for those in my range I figured they'd be a crapshoot.

I'm definitely more into cash games and expect to do well. Would like to take a shot as WSOP event ($1500, don't want to buyin full), since I'm there and all....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are a joke. 2 levels and it's an all in fest. Also, you can't even sign up for the buy-in you want you have to get together 9 other guys who want to play for the same price then tell them you got a table and they'll let you. So if you can't convince the other people waiting for a satellite to play your buy-in....tough luck. Just another example of them running the wsop into the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the joke then. 5 of 10 in winning/chopping the single table sats for me. I played between $125-$225 buy-ins.

Like everything else you need a strategy for them. They are not poker, just a strategy game.