Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Another Fun Exercise: Nasty 100s

I stole this from an article in the most recent Hard-Style, Dragon Door's catalog, but it's been around in various forms for long time.

Just take something heavy like a heavy sandbag(How to Make a Sandbag) or similarly bulky item, pick it up and set it on some kind of platform. A truck tailgate, a picnic table or anything like that works. Now pick it up off the platform and set it back on the ground. Lather. Rinse. Repeat 100 times. This is a great total body workout, and I guarantees your body will be telling you about it the next morning.

You could also do this EDT-style by setting a time limit instead of a number of reps, and then seeing how many times you could do it within your time limit.

Another variation of this exercise I read about in an article (I think it was a Dan John article but might have been someone else).

He had some fat guy asking him to help him slim down, but didn't have time to really train the guy so he tells him to go over and load up the leg press with as many 45s as he can find. The guy says, he'll never be able to press all that. He tells him don't worry about it. The guy comes back a while later and tells him it's all loaded. He says, good, now go unload it. He basically has the fat guy load and unload the leg press for 30 minutes, and that became the guy's regular workout three times a week.

This is actually a better program than probably 90% of the crap that trainers have people doing in gyms these days.