Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is your favorite team your hometown team?
Yes 146 67.91%
No 69 32.09%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Ideas for Actions for week of 6/25

Two points:
1. I'm appalled at how little (shall we say non-existent) coverage there has been on the WTO developements. When I look at other headlines on Google, Yahoo, MSN there are many that are extremely trival in comparison. Can anybody give an answer why there is so little coverage, other than, "it is not of interest to the average American citizen" because there were a large number of articles in the world news sections that would be of even LESS interests to the average American.

2. While looking for these issues I noticed that msnbc.com has a gutcheck America section http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18826755/
This allows the readers to tell MSNBC what issues are important to them and why. This appears to be fourm where we could stress the importance of the situation and hopefully get some public recogntion of the ramifications of the US actions to date.

As noted on other threads all this hoopla over poker is trival. But the invasion of our rights as free citizens in the privacy of our homes partaking in an activity that is legal in so many areas and forms is an ugly precedent to set or to accept. And when that is coupled with our treaty violations, the high-handed manner that we have and are dealing with other countries that are acting in good faith, and the short-sighted denial of our growing reliance on a world community it becomes some what frightening.

<grin> my $.02 for the moment