Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Default a great big huge WTF to these people

ok so i go to grad school. i am taking a summer course on research methods (required, pretty boring, requires little effort). it is a condensed course (takes place over 6 weeks, meets twice a week).

my professor was gone for both classes last week (or 1/6 of the total course) because his DOG DIED. he sent some doctoral student who just read from his lecture notes (which are totally unintelligible) in literally the most boring and uninformative way you could possibly imagine. we were supposed to be running data sets in SPSS, but this kid definitely couldn't help us with that, and now we have a whole project due this week for which we haven't done a major part. why? because my professor's [censored] DOG DIED.

and yes, he looks like i imagine big steve would look, in case you are wondering.

that's not it though. there is another girl in my class (in my group actually) who thinks this is TOTALLY FINE. why? because she dropped all of her classes last semester when... yep... her dog died. this woman is in her thirties and has these absurdly huge fake [censored], she went to law school, and now she wants to be a social worker. and she basically flushed like 20k down the toilet because she was too depressed to go to class when her [censored] DOG DIED.

what in the sam [censored]. a week off from work for a dead dog? at my old job you got less than that for most family members. i calculated how much i paid for this guy to sit at home with his [censored] dog remains or whatever and it came out to like 1200 bucks. awesome.