Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: MGM ruling

I think the issue is not that he exposed his cards, but rather a break of the one-player-to-a-hand rule. He should get a KITN for showing his hand to a friend also in the pot. Don't ask me what the ruling should be.

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just for comedic value, Ill say that the idiot open pushed $500 into the $100 pot on a Jxx flop even though we all knew what he had. Obviously someone calls if they have him beat and folds other wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a bad play? What's a better play? Checking it down and hoping you don't get outdrawn? Betting something like $50 would have been interesting since calculating implied odds has a new twist. Personally, I would have made the same push and if somebody had a set or some asnine Jx hand, then good for them. Otherwise, the only thing any opponent could have is a draw and the push takes away all odds for drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bad play because you only get called if you are beat. If you have already decided to commit your entire stack to this hand you are much better off making small value bets all the way and hoping someone tries to bluff you.