Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Movie TR: 1408 (worst movie of my life)

This post contains NO spoilers

The second the lights went dark and the movie began I told my friend next to me that this movie is gonna suck, I proceeded to say it about 6 more times during the course of the movie.

The movie is about a horror story writer who visits the most haunted houses, graveyards, hotels, and then writes stories about them. Eventually he hits up room 1408 of the Dolphin Hotel. Thats when things get bad, Im not gonna spoil it but I almost feel like I should, and save anybody stupid enough to go after reading this 7.50. Basically "scary things" happen, (there are a couple of things that make you jump). And the plot goes super crazy, I was sure I called the ending only to find that what I thought was the ending, isnt. The movie does have some other plot, including a short story about the Mans torn apart family including his Wife, daughter, and Dad. That part was a nice sidetrack from the majority of the horrible movie.

When the movie rolled the credits I remember thinking "wtf just happened? The movie just ended and I still dont know what just happened"

Its like the movie tries to throw a twist in, but the twist makes the rest of the story uncomprehsible.

tldr
-Movie Blows
-Some moments that make you jump
-Story tries to get a little crazy at the end, but is done horribly, I had no clue wtf was going on for the majority of the movie.

Yes, this Movie is worse than both Norbit, and Game Over.

Lines from Rottentomatoe.com that I agree w/

"The movie attempts a false ending that doesn't quite work; the picture feels prolonged, dragged out, and its ennui lessens the impact of some of its more terrifying fillips."

"In this mix of recycled scares and half-hearted twists, the only real fright is the sight of an interesting actor wasting his talents in yet another mediocre movie."