Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Strategy for when to quit a game

I've had this problem for a while as well..when do I get up? The reason I even ask that question to begin with is because I always seem to (or used to, that is) start playing loosely when I double my chip stack. What I used to do is color up my chips so that it appeared as though I had less to play with, and it used to help in that area.

Now I play well enough that that sort of stuff doesn't matter, but still being basically a new player, I basically don't have any type of bankroll (I know, absolutely idiotic). So I keep playing when I know I have the edge (which is generally always at the limits I play), but if one or two suckouts occur, I can't just buy in for another 20BB. I don't know if this is helping anyone..
I guess what I'm trying to say is don't make the same mistakes that I have. You'll want to have enough money in your bankroll so that if you start to get down, you don't ferociously play to get back to even. Also, when you start to get up in the money, don't play more loosely (a real noob strategy, I must admit, but worth the mention I think) just because you have a few extra chips to throw around. You might be doing it unconsciously.