Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Did I get screwed here?

We were playing Juarez, which is basically PLO8, but with 2 boards instead of 1. I call out my hand nut low and full house after 2 people call my pot bet on the river. I table my hand. You can see the full house, but the other 3 cards(there are 5 total) are kind of a mess together and I am not sure everyone can see all 3 because the Ace is kind of on top of the others even if its tabled. I just flipped them fast I and left them out for the dealer to spread. A lady looks at my cards and thinks and thinks after I table my hand(she is next to me by the way). She then folds and the dealer spreads my cards for another guy who called my bet to see. He is across the table so the dealer has to grab all of my cards and move them to the other side of the flop to show them. The other guy has poor sight. It turns out I had not read my hand right and had third best low and not nut low. I didnt see that one of the flops had confiscated the 2 of my A2. I just kept looking at the bottom flop and I had never played this game before. The dude folds his hand after looking at mine and then the lady snaps. She starts screaming at me, "I had the same confiscated low", "you miscalled your hand". She says I should give her the last bet back. The last bet was 90 bucks and its a 1/2 PL game. I gave her 45 because I would have won 3/4 of the pot and half of her bet. She said thanks and I forgot about it. Did I make a mistake by giving her the cash?