Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Odds & Connectors

[ QUOTE ]
Got to agree with the large, muscular lady. I toss 89o preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a lot of $1/$2 NL live. I know live plays different than online (online players are typically better). You will see a lot of multi-limped pots (7-8 callers). I usually feel pretty good about off-suit connectors in these games from late position. Even when the limp gets raised, you'll often have 3-4 callers of the raise in front of you making a call quite reasonable.

I agree that you could bleed cash in a game with good aggressive players (or with maniacs), but generally if you think you can see a cheap flop with a couple of players, connectors play well. Many live games can get more aggressive after the flop, but I find a lot of times you will be offered a good price for a draw on the flop. If the texture of the flop is really good, you can even take the lead in the betting if it gets checked to you - just make sure you aren't going to be check-raised.

I also play a lot of SNGs & MTTs and will almost always pitch this hand (99%). The exceptions are early when blinds are small relative to stacks and I have position on a couple of players I consider marks or when I have a big stack and am primarily playing my stack and intimidation rather than the cards.