Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Colt\'s Enter the Kettlebell log

After several months off, I’m getting back on the horse. Last year I did a couple of cycles of what was essentially a kettlebell routine with back squats and heavy barbell cleans & presses thrown in. Prior to that I had done several 5x5 cycles. At the end of last year I was working with a 1.5 pood (53 lb.) bell. Late last year I took a break after a cycle, but I never got myself motivated to get back to it except for running sporadically and occasionally playing around with my KBs. I’m getting back on the horse now with new 6-month goals: 200 Snatches in 10 minutes with the 1.5 pood KB and 5 Overhead Presses with each hand with the 2 pood (70 lb.) KB. I may also add a goal of closing my 250 lb. Gripper too, but I’ll start with the kettlebell goals first. I really have no idea how realistic these goals are. They might be way too hard or way too easy in that time frame.

I’ll start doing what’s pretty close to Pavel’s Enter the Kettlebell plan.

<u>Monday (Light Day)</u>
- Snatches
- Clean &amp; Press

<u>Tuesday (Variety Day)</u>
- Overhead Squats
- Front Squats
- Turkish Get-Ups
- Halos

<u>Wednesday (Medium Day)</u>
– Swings
- Clean &amp; Press

<u>Thursday (Variety Day)</u>
- Overhead Squats
- Front Squats
- Turkish Get-Ups
- Halos

<u>Saturday (Heavy Day)</u>
– Swings
- Clean &amp; Press

Snatches and swings are done EDT style. The ETK program calls for rolling two dice to see how long I snatch each day, so 2-12 minutes, ldo. On light days and medium days I do the time period, but at a less than maximum effort so fewer reps.

The Clean &amp; Presses are done Ladder style up to five ladders with up to five rungs each.

I’m going to start back with the 1 pood (35 lb.) bell since it has been awhile, but I expect to move back up to a heavier bell pretty quickly.