Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Default 2/4 LIVE draw in position

2/4 at Mandalay Bay
Couple of LAGs (didn't think any of them were really good) and some nits at the table. The LAGs are basically more like loose-passives than actual good lags. I bluffed off my stack to some young british kid in the first hand and mucked the river after he called and reloaded. Then won a couple of pots.
Villain is some odd young kid sitting with about 800$ (racks of red fives). He seems somehow a bit nitty and scared. I have about 500-550$, cant remember for sure.

Loose older guy limps, villain raises to 20$ UTG+1 I call with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, blinds fold.

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">Older guy checks, raiser checks, I blurt out something like "Guess I have to bet" and bet 45$ (Pot was 67$). Older guy folds, raiser calls rather fast.</font>

Turn is (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot is 157$
Raiser leads out for 50$ (???), I call (?).
<font color="blue">I guess I could raise but I really dont know what he has here, maybe A5 maybe A-high flush draw, 56 too, overpairs if he plays really weird. Anyway I thought that I have a load of outs and I don't wanna get too frisky here and just called.</font>

River is (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pot is 257$
Raiser leads for 100$, I just call.
<font color="blue">Well I hit my flush but its like the lowest possible flush. I was tired and hungry while playing so my brain didn't really function at the highest possible rate so I just pretty quickly called him but since he bet so little I guess I could make it 200$, 300$. Shoving is a bit too much (maybe). Not sure how my flop comment makes my hand seem, perhaps less like I hit a flush?</font>