Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Default My *#(@! Wife wants to invest in a pyramid scheme

I'm horrified. After 20 years, last year my wife retired from a nice corporate position, knowing we can live off my income just fine. But I guess not having her own "paycheck" is an issue, but she wants to work from home. So she did some research on home based "businesses". Somehow she stumbled across itvdirect.com, and now she wants to spend $500 to buy some "product" and help start her home based business, where all she has to do is answer the phone and $$$ will start pouring in. Oh and if she can get 10 other people to sign up and pay $500 then she'll get to go on a cruise.. or some such BCHIT.

http://www.itvdirect.com/corporate/history/ Oooh they've made $7 million.. they must be legit my wife says.. grr!

I'm sick... I had no idea my wife was so gullible for internet marketing pyramid schemes... but so far she's not listening to me (ranting and raving about how bad this is). She's all ready to fly out to Niagara Falls for a sales presentation so she can "find out really how this company works". OH the horror!!!

So, what can I tell my wife about these operations to try and convince her that they are ripoffs, not to be trusted, and there are better ways to invest and make $$? I'm so embarrassed.. help!

Thanks.. BB