Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Switching Up Table Image/Game Plan Mid-Session

I've discovered a rather annoying trend in my game over the past few months, particularly when playing live NL cash game..

After feeling out the table for a few minutes its pretty easy to discern whether I want to play on the tighter side or the looser side during my time at the table..

So, ill go through the motions, usually build up a solid stack playing under one consistent image for the first hour or two, and do just fine..

However, once in a while i decide to switch it up mid-session...Big mistake.

Nearly every time I start playing a bit looser (for no particular reason) once establishing a tightish image, I find myself in some extremely difficult situations...

This seems to happen to me on a regular basis, and I suppose the reason is, its not ideal to play loose when everyone else at the table is playing loose as well.

Im curious to hear some thoughts on switching up strategy/table image just for the sake of switching it up...

What sort of advantages do you extract from changing your game up in the middle of a session?

Is a change only necessary in reaction to a change in opponents play, or do you change up your style of play mid-session regardless?