Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Semi-Pro Question (First Post)

Hello Everyone. This is my first post so forgive me if I am breaking some kind of forum rule by posting in the wrong section.

About me, Ive been playing semi-professionally for 3 years, first as a limit player, then as an online SnG player, and most recently as a live/online NL cash game player (generally no higher than 2-5). I have just recently returned to my old game, which is limit poker. I still love to play it, but Im having doubts as to whether I can weather the variance storm.

I want to start playing 75% Limit Cash (4 tabling 5/10), and 25% 2-5 NL live and occasional online NL (4 table 1/2).

A major reason to switch back to limit is I feel I can manage 120 hours a month playing 4-table Limit, which will generate a bit over $2k in rakeback for me on fulltilt. Just the rakeback covers my monthly nut (and then some) right there playing only 4 hours a day. Whatever I choose to play above that is up to me.

I apologize, but I have a bankroll question. I dont have an accurate gauge of my winrate for limit anymore, as it has been a while, but I can safely lowball it at 1bb/100 hands. I know this is really low, but I estimate this way to be safe. Assuming this, and that I will have swings of 150 BB or so (again, just an estimate), what kind of bankroll would you recommend if I am 4-tabling?

Does the bankroll requirement increase if I am planning on multitabling?

I know I havent provided much info but I want to get the question out there because I could not find it in my searches (multitabling BR vs. Single Table), especially when it comes to a pro bankroll.

BTW, I have 4 months of expenses saved that are not calculated here. Thanks in advance for any thoughtful answers.