Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Default check, 3-bet, check

Kinda boring hand, but I'm bored so I thought I'd spread it around.

Live 8-16, 1 walker so we're 8 handed. The table is playing an odd mix of loose-passive and tight-passive right now.

Reads: UTG seems reasonable, but she plays too many hands and goes a little to far with them. She can be pretty aggressive at times, but she isn't a maniac.

CO seems pretty clueless and seems to play pretty loose-passive most of the time, although his PF raising hands seem pretty standard.

PF: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, Hero limps, folds to button, Button raises, we both call.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, 6.5 SB)
UTG checks, hero checks, button bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players, 7.5 BB)
UTG checks, button looks confused but is clearly ready to call (and isn't acting) so hero checks, button checks and looks relieved.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players, 7.5 BB)
UTG bets, hero folds...

I thought about both betting the flop and raising the river, but I figured I didn't have much fold equity in either case - my flop 3-bet was mostly for value, although I figured that getting heads-up with UTG in position wouldn't be a bad thing either.