Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Low Stakes: Strange \"Should I move up\" Question

Hi, used the forums for a while, top stuff and all that chaps.

I play on Will Hill. Here are my sharkscope stats:

http://i10.tinypic.com/4yhavec.png

As you can see, when i play at £1.20 I am losing or treading water. But when i play £5.50, i seem to do alot better. I dropped back down during a bit of a downswing when i noticed i was tilting badly, and now I cannot seem to beat these £1.20 games.

Would it be better for my internet poker to stay at £1.20 untill I can beat them? The reasoning being i would be better equipt when i know i am playing a table of Ace-rag donks.

I have a respectable amount of money coming in from my writing (I write for British TV and radio) and this is only a hobby. I know i can beat the £5.50's as its easier to play against people who know the basics and have read a couple of books, in my experience anyway.

If the advice is keep at the lower level untill you can beat it, perhaps some advice on playing against people who do not care about their buy in whatsoever?

The Supertight/Steal blinds thanks to image/super agressive when ITM style (corresponding to early/middle/late game) that i use for the £5.50s is prolly the problem. Do i need to look for spots to double up in the early stages when all the donks are deperate to give their money away?

Apart from the fact that i seem to hae answered my own question, any advice, tips or encoragement will be appriciated.

Thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

E