Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Players forced to play $2k NL WSOP event in 100 degree tent

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care so much about the negative comments aimed at me, provided that they don't become the main focus of the thread.

Anyway, I bought in for the $1500 NL event today, with the full intention to get a refund if they stuck me in the pavilion. While the guy behind me in line ended up there, I was placed at table 176 in the main room.

I noticed that they pretty much changed everything today regarding the pavilion situation.

All cash games were suspended until 3pm.

Additional tables were set up near Buzios.

They announced that there would be a concerted effort to get people out of the pavilion. Indeed, it was empty by the first break (I walked over and checked).

I'm glad to see that Jack Effel and friends finally decided to do things correctly, but these radical changes basically validate everything I said in the first place. They must have realized that they royally screwed up yesterday, so suddenly Effel's desire to "accomodate everyone" (referring to cash and 1-table satellite players) has apparently vanished.

Keep in mind that I also expressed my concerns yesterday to Nolan Dalla, who e-mailed Jeffrey Pollack and other higher-ups about it, basically agreeing with my stance.

Doesn't it suck when the players have to manage the managers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it sure does. I will say this, sad as it is, I think the guy having the heart attack in the pavillion and his threat (or promise) to sue about it, might of had a factor in here.

In other words, something like that, the suits (aka Lawyers) for Harrahs might of told them they were screwed in that one, and to brace for a big money lawsuit.

Scared something like that might be repeated, and that it will hit them in their pocketbook, might of helped to force them to spring into action as well.