Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Why poker\'web site dont use this solution for WSOP \' sattelite?

Right now; when someone win a seat in an online satellite he receive 10 000$ in his account ( or 12k$, whatever ) & its his problem to turn it in real money, in short delay for few.

This is because Harrah's donot accept registration from online poker site.

What if the solution was : The poker website got a stand close to the WSOP'room, where anyone who has won a WSOP with this specific website can go there, show ID, & collect 10 000$ in cash or lammers. The player juste have to walk few steps, & pay his entrie.

I see 3 reasons why they donot do it.

#1 - The poker website actually prefer that players dont use it to play the WSOP, & use it as their bankroll to play on the site.

#2 - The big website like pokerstars who got more than 1000$ satellite winner's last year, would have to have 10 millions of dollar total. Even if they never have more than a million at a time, the risk of getting robbed or any other "f**k" is possible.

#3 - If I know for exemple the name & the adress of someone who has won his seat with pokerstars. I can show up with counteirfeit ID & "robbed" his 10 000$. It easier if the guy is comming from a foreign country. & more to my point; can a reprentative of pokerstars can recognise a counterfeit driving licens or passport from Zimbabwe or Azerbaidjan ?

- jpp