Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Default How would I decrease my fatigue gap?

How would I decrease my fatigue gap?

Fatigue gap: Significant difference in play due to (sometimes undetected) fatigue that effectively reduces ROI.
I believe this is the best place to post this; I think "strategy" includes sharpening the ability to detect fatigue and eliminate it.

I am at work after 4 hr of sleep and very exhausted after another unsatisfying finish (2nd this time to an unexperienced HU player) in the 180s game on PS. I started playing the 180s a short while back -- thx to Shaun's and Jason's insights. So my day is ruined and I am wondering if some one my age deserves to feel this tired at/after his game. (late-20s)

Can you guys suggest remedies to get rid of my tiredness?

I wake up Saturdays and my 20$HU game is super for 3-4 hrs on end. Tuesday nights after work -- I can barely play 2 MTT games and by the FT, I'm spacing in and out. Yesterday, I slept thru KK in MP at the 300/600+ante level. I know I can do better, especially at FT level (2.5 hr into the 180's game) where payoff is so steep.

I just can't get it in there. A bit like impotentia coeundi. At the end, I get cranky and start making small mistakes.

PLEASE HELP with your suggestions -- I will eat a snake or follow a religion if it helps me concentrate better.