Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: UTG standards...with warm legs...

The fact that the shorthanded forums have developed (still-evolving) unofficial standards based on everyone's individual PT stats is where I would base my thoughts. We don't all play exactly the same, but compared to others in the game, a lot of us play insanely similar - and for a decision like what to do with 55 UTG I don't think this matters that much anyway. Nobody here is folding 77 UTG and everybody is folding 33 UTG, so you saying "if you can't turn a profit w/ 55 UTG you must be terrible" is clearly an incorrect statement.

Furthermore, empirical evidence aside - yes, being at a table where multiple coldcallers behind are very likely is reason enough for me to assume playing 55 UTG will be -EV. Think about what you do on different flops and turns, and how often you're actually going to be in a situation you like as opposed to one where you're either calling down with third pair or folding the best hand.