Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: what to drink to seem sophisticated

I think we need to set some guidelines here. The OP wanted to look like he knew what he was doing with a woman... so OP how old are you and how old is the woman? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And where is the said drinking taking place? If both are under 25, it makes no difference what you drink or where you are. Whatever you do, don't listen to the idiots who have posted about ordering expensive scotches, even though they don't know anything sbout said scotches. In fact, don't worry about ordering anything expensive (unless you are trying to impress Paris Hilton or similar slime). Keep it simple - there is nothing that says "class" more than simple and tasteful. If you are taking her out for dinner, order a bottle of red wine for $25-35 - it is inexpensive, civilized and will give you both a nice buzz to facillitate the seduction. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If you are in a bar with grown-ups (i.e. not a dance club), go for the gin-vodka/soda-tonic type drink. No straws. If you are in a pub, type of place, any of the above plus beer is fine. The one thing I will say is wine/vodka drank in reasonable quantities helps the sexing; beer does not - it makes you feel dopey and full, especially since we tend to drink too much of it, and that's not good for anybody... unless you just want to take her home and fall asleep on the couch while watching a movie.
There you go. Ignore advice from BALLA youngsters - they are just posers. I have worked my way through a couple of wives and a lot of dates - just remember, simple is classy, no straws and no fruity drinks.