Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Which Of These Three Starements Do You Reject? (Abortion Related)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Logically you must pick at least one to reject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why must the rejection be all or nothing?

I have about a 50% rejection level for #1. About a 85% rejection level for #2. And about a 5% rejection level for #3.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally accept that answer. In fact it is close to mine. But it strays from the point. Because in real life many people won't admit that they do this. Especially in regards to #2

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, this is probabably the way most people actually come to determine their position on the issues. They apply an intuitive analogue type processing to these various inclinations. Out of that they come to decisions on how to act. Their decisions must be all or nothing. Either they vote yes or no. Either they speak out against the bombings or they don't. They have arrived at their decisions in a rational way. It works.

Now you claim they should examine their decisions based on the unrealistic model of all or nothing denials of certain propositions. The model is not even realistic for how you think. Then you condemn them because they cannot justify their decisions according to a model neither you nor they employ to arrive at their decisions. You aren't making any sense.

PairTheBoard