Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Location: Realising I suck at Poker (lifetime winner though!)
Default Anyone got an weird/unusual golf stories?

I'll start of with one.

About eight years ago i was playing in a pub society day out. cant remember the course soemwhere in berkshire I think. Anyway i was playing pretty poorly when i got to the 16th. It was about a 400 yard par four but had a massive dog leg, which made me think i could take the "Tiger line" and get there in one. had to carry over a load of shrubbery then could easily make it.

So I teed up nice and high took out the driver and literally belted the hell out of this ball. As soon as i hit it it didnt quite feel right and as i looked up i couldnt see it. Asked my playing partners they too hadnt seen it. Not a big deal, round was awful anyway, so i walked back to my bag (about ten yards from the tee), got out a new ball, and walked back up to hit another. Just as i was placing the ball on the ground my ball came thudding out of the sky and landed about 2 feet away from me.

We concluded that the only possible explanation was that my ball had thudded into the angle of a temporary tee mat a few yards ahead and had shot almost vertically upwards!

Scared the crap out of me!

Just thought it might be interesting to share a few strange happenings.