Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: OK, Here\'s The Truth

[ QUOTE ]

So what you're telling us is that you are no longer going to pay Newhouse back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've unfortunately met too many people like this in my life. I've seen this situation, especially dealing with money, so often. It goes like this:

Crazy Person borrows money from Sap. Crazy Person promises to pay Sap back, but never does--never, in fact, makes any effort to. Crazy Person makes promise after promise for months, even years, without ever doing a damn thing.

Sap is a sap of course and tries to solve things diplomatically. Begging, pleading, being understanding at all the excuses Crazy Person gives. But finally, eventually, Sap has enough. Maybe Sap yells and starts calling Crazy Person names. Maybe Sap starts telling other people. Or does something else. But Sap does something that Crazy Person doesn't like.

Crazy Person then uses this as an excuse not to pay back Sap! Says Crazy Person, "I was about to pay you back, but after treating me like this, you don't deserve it!" Thusly, Crazy Person's actions are perfectly justified in his/her own mind, and, to his/her warped belief, should be justified in the minds of others.

And Crazy Person just keeps going around finding new saps.

I also noted Brandi's talking about DS "betraying her trust." So hey maybe (cough, cough) he could have talked her into giving Newhouse some money back, but no more.

Like I said, I've seen this type of person and this type of situation all too many times. And the next time Crazy Person pays back Sap will be the first time I've ever seen it. Sorry, Newhouse.