Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Default First hand gives me a bad image

Hand 1:

I just sat down for one orbit, not much has happened. I have no image so far. Table is kind of tight-passive.

EP limper, MP limper, button raises, I cold-call in SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls, everyone calls. 5 players.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to button who bets, I raise, only fish in MP calls, button calls. Button has AQ/AJ or some underpair to the K. Fish could have a pair or a flush/straight draw.

Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet...

Results in white: <font color="white">Fish calls, button thinks for a long time and reluctantly calls. River is a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and check, check. MHIG against fish's flush draw.</font>

Hand 2:

2 hours later... so now my image sucks from the 44 hand plus a couple of other hands where I outplayed everyone (er, I got lucky on the river) and one where I was Perry Farrell'd.

In particular, I can tell button from Hand 1 does not like me and is just waiting to outplay me. He tilted after Hand 1 and had to sit down an orbit to calm down.

I am getting ready to leave and start racking up my chips. Guy to my left said "did you get lucky, or did you play well" as I rack up my 3 racks. I open-raise UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and say "I got lucky". Everyone folds around to BB (button from Hand 1) and I say, "looks like I'm going to get lucky again". BB thinks for a bit and calls a little reluctantly and I say "guess I'm going to have to play well now".

Flops is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB pauses for a second and bets. There's probably a 50-70% chance he does not have an Ace here. Call/raise/fold? I think all of these are valid plays here based on my image and my read in this hand so far.