Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Focus on the Family [censored] Warning About the 6/8 IGREA Hearing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess what I want to say is, Dr Dobson has done more for our country than many of you will ever think about doing, and just because he has stepped on our toes with this one issue doesn't make him a villain. His beliefs are Biblical and his intentions are good, so we don't need to attack him, we just need to defend what is important to us, while keeping things in their proper perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this paragraph is nonsense. His involvement in politicking with regard to online gambling should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone who's paid any attention to his active involvement in the political process, and I'm sure he's just getting started. Before you know it, we won't be able to dance in public or wear cotton/rayon blends, or get divorced, injunctions against which are also in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, a few more examples, but if he's right about Christ being the only way to heaven, and therefore the judgment of God to come later, we will really wish that we had listened to him more because the 80 years that we have on this earth is nothing compared to eternity.

Are you saying that Christians should just lay down and not defend themselves from the attack of this changing world? If gays and lesbians can fight for their rights to be married, is it wrong for the church to fight to keep the right of having prayer in schools?