20 3 9.38%
40 9 28.13%
60 9 28.13%
80 4 12.50%
100 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Opinions on the new FTP update (w/ cliffnotes)

Earlier last week, FTP Doug announced a new FTP update in this thread. This update included the addition of time banks, disconnection time banks, and login security enhancements.

In my opinion, the new update is terrible and I hate almost everything about it. First of all, I do not like how the standard decision time is shorter (the time before the game beeps at you and starts counting down your rainbow). The shorter standard decision time creates a hectic playing environment for multi-tablers. The action is a lot faster and the number of beeps has increased. I do not want to cut down the number of tables I play just because the play is faster. The beeps are very annoying and I cannot stand them. I have looked into a way to turning them off but I do not think it is possible. Overall, I feel that the shortened standard decision time makes me feel a lot more rushed to act. However, I understand that the shortened time makes the games faster allowing for more hands/hr.

The other issue I have with this update deals with the new time banks. Why do the time banks have to be manually activated? I definitely think that the time banks should be automatically activated after your rainbow runs down. Imo, the standard decision time should be put back to the way it was and the time banks should be automatically activated. I know this would probably decrease the number of hands/hr but the amount of time in the time bank could possibly be decreased.

I have created this thread in an effort to share my opinion about the new update and receive other opinions. I would like to know what you guys think of the update and why. Please try to avoid just posting weather you like or dislike the update. Try to expand on your reasons why it is amazing or why it completely sucks.

Cliffnotes: The new FTP update sucks and I hate it. The shortened standard decision time makes the flow of the game too fast and creates more beeps. Also, the time banks should be automatically activated.