Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Worst playground designer ever

I went to a playground with my 2 godsons a few days ago and was blown away by how awful and unusable two of the 3 slides were.

The first one is actually vertical, and if you tried to slide down it you'd fall a good 18-24 inches before hitting the bottom and shooting out onto wood chips.

The second one is zigzagged and has drops in between each zag, and *could* be usable and fun if it wasn't so skinny that my 3-year-old godson (who is small for his age) couldn't slide down it comfortably.

I thought it may have been a poor attempt at steps to get you to the top of the playground, but it was difficult for ME (a 6-foot 160# person) to climb up it, so no way a kid is having fun trying to climb that thing.

There was also a series of bars in kind of a ribcage (but spread really far apart) that you could climb to get up the playground, as well as a spiral bar that didn't work like most of them, because the vertical supporting bar for it was on the side instead of the center, so you can't sit on the bars and twist yourself down.

All around, it was pretty awful. I don't know what kind of experience you need to design a playground for a city park, but apparently they'll accept elementary school dropouts....