Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Nut straight on the turn w/ 2 blockers vs 2 opponents & no redraw

My question here is about the play on the turn. I think I have played it pretty straightforwardly, but afterwards I started asking myself some questions about my equity on the turn bet.

Here is the hand. No read on players, but the level is not fantastic (oh rly?)...it's on Bodog so I took the time to write it down nicely:

PLO $25 - 9 handed

Stacks:

Hero (MP1): $49.32
MP3: $19.11
CO : $23.95

Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+2 calls, Hero raises to $1.10, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls

Pot is $5.60 (4 players)

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked to Hero who bets $1.50, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds

Pot is now $10.10 (3 players)

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $10.10, MP3 calls, CO calls (pot is now $40.40)

---------------------------------------

Preflop: I liked my hand and I know the "25% rule". Hence i know that since I am gonna get called in all places, raising for set value does make some sense, given that my two pairs are high...plus I have two broadways.

Flop: I decided to lead weakly and fold in case of a big raise back to me. In short, I represent aces (i.e top set) or a total miss, and want to gauge how they play back at me.

On the turn, it becomes interesting since I got two callers with the nut straight, but now there are two flush draws out there so there come all the questions:

1 - In a heart beat, would most of you pot the turn as I did?

2 - When I think a little more about it, I do have the nuts, no redraw, but also two interesting cards (the lone K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as well as the lone K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) so none of them can be on the nut flush draw...plus they didn't raise the flop, so I have a hard time putting them on a set then...so assuming there are two weak flush draws there, what is the worst equity I can have?

3 - Also I have two K's and two T's, so the freerolling case is less likely as well, but imagine someone else has a KT with a flush draw, and the other one has the other flush draw, again is it possible that it reduces my equity to the point where potting the turn is really wrong? (same question vs. bottom set and a flush draw)

4 - Given the stack sizes, they will have very little left after the turn call, so implied odds = 0. I felt comfortable playing the way I did since the stacks weren't deep, but imagine now they had me covered, and we all were deep (>100BB)...what would be the best play then?

I know that was a lot of questions, but even that hand looks kinda standard in PLO I think it's interesting and important ...