Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 06:55 AM

Default I\'m still winning but I\'m even more worried

Looking for a little career advice, I posted a few weeks ago wondering if my play was too aggressive, I play NL10 mostly at Party and my stats then were 50+ vpip. Unanimous advice was to tone it down, I am now running at 40 / 25 / 4 over the last 1000 hands. My win rate averages just under 40PTBB/100, slightly up on when I was more aggressive but not a lot. I would say that I have a basic grasp of post flop play, nothing fancy but I don't seem to have any very serious leaks.

I am thinking about a move up to NL25 (I'm more than properly rolled for it), but at the same time I'm thinking maybe this ultra aggression won't wash at that level. I am really trying to tone it down, but its tough when the money pours in like this!

Is it maybe that Party is particularly soft and passive at that level? Anyone have experience of moving up to NL25 and what changes - if any - were needed.

I should maybe add that I took a terrible beat at NL25 about a month ago, 5 BI in a day, which put me off a bit, but I'm starting to feel like Superman now.