Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Farha/Townsend stiff dealer?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly - If I was Doug Dalton, Linda would have been let go. Whats she is doing is hurting the trust relationship between the Bellagio and it's high rollers. She needs to learn to STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Linda has been writing this for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. I always thought she got away with it with just using first names and sometimes initials.. not explicitly spelling out who it was that did what. But here she quite plainly states that it was Sam Farha. I agree that this could possibly be grounds for being let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but this whole situation seems weird to me. Now, let me preface this with saying that I am not a dealer nor do I live in Vegas, so maybe I don't have the same understanding as some of you who are involved with these type of situations day in and day out. However, to me it seems weird if this is (as Photoc wrote in this thread) "...pretty standard in bigger games." Am I to assume that in big games, players normally tip LESS by both percentage during AND amount at the end of a game/session?!? If this is so, why is that the case? I have played small stakes live (100 NL, 200 NL) and people normally tip a couple dollars per pot (some more, others less), but I dont think I've ever seen more than a few hands in a row go untipped. So I dont understand how players that are literally playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars dont tip at all at the end of a session. Maybe this is uber-standard to some of you guys, but I am a noob when it comes to tipping high stakes games, so excuse me for my ignorance if this is actually the case.

Also, in reference to the post that I quoted above, why would this dealer be fired? Because she posted her dealing history on an internet diary?!? Especially after they both stiffed her? If what she wrote is true, then what exactly would she be getting fired for?

In conclusion, I'm sorry if this stuff is apparent to others who are closely tied to the industry and know how all this stuff "works"; but to me, alot that is written in this thread seems slightly ridiculous (probably cause I'm a noob to this stuff) and bothers me a little bit.

Any input is appreciated.