Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: LAD and SD -fixed?

First of all, since a lot of us follow Crock and others here play big longshots, I'm sure a lot of us suffered the LAD, TB, Cleveland trifecta (I think you know the games I'm referring too). It happens. Of course we were also damn lucky to win the Colorado game (if you followed Crock), so its not like we get "cheated" all the time. And there has probably been as many lucky breaks as not, as there has to be when someone runs very well (or at least not a lot of bad luck). Believe me, that LAD game was HUGE for me, as I loved Kuo at 2-1 even before I saw Crock choose it. But as far as the manager, it wasn't quite as bad as it seemed. First runner: Infield hit. Second runner: error on Nomar. Third runner: Hit. Fourth runner: Infield hit. So that's three batters of four who reached on ground balls. While I didn't see the game and don't know how hard they were hit, you'd have to say that's a lot of bad luck.

After the Double by A Gon, you could definitely make a case for removing him. But once you had the bases loaded, he was the best bet, because at that point you HAD to have a strikeout.

Bottom line: Its really too bad Saito was unavailable, Broxton sucked, those ground ball hits and errors came, and Grady didn't take Broxton out, which may or may not have made a difference. But was the Houston game fixed because they stuck with Wheeler so long? [censored] happens, and while this one REALLY hurt (really, really), its -EV to make too big of a deal, and hopefully things will change tomorrow.

Of course, even having said that, it DOES suck. ;-)