Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: 2/4 HU Line Check

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather a donk bet then a C/R, if he 3bets I just shove. If he calls I'd try to crai on the turn. As played I think a call is pretty thin on the river, but it's not bad. As for the turn I would check here against some players, bet against others (those capable of floating the flop, and those capable of folding a better hand). If the turn went check check I would bet 2/3 pot on the rive.r

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you bet the river if it goes c/c. do you think he's going to call a flop c/r with a worse hand and then call a river bet? i think that's just crazy

i think this guy was just mediocre enough to call the flop with a draw and check behind hoping to hit it on the river as a standard type of play. i dont think he's calling flop c/r with one pair and betting the turn, etc.

i know i'm getting hammered for this hand right now but i dont see a much better line to take. I hate check calling against guys who aren't that aggressive and i hate leading the flop against somewhat frustrated guys who are itching to play back at me. he's definitely not the type of guy to bet / 3be shove a draw he lead with on the flop after getting raised. i was essentially raising flop for value

after he calls me though, do you seriously want to lead this turn? i just can't see him ever putting any money into the pot in this case when we're ahead...

like i said, i fully admit to being a complete heads-up newbie and i'm looking for any feeback you guys have.

i take it most of you guys are just check/calling this flop then?