Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Default AA UTG+1

3/6 live table

UTG seems very new to the game, but has an idea of starting hand requirements. He raises which he didn't do often so I figure AKs, KK, or QQ. I have AA and am next to act... which I realize is almost always a must raise, and I did, but here's what I want to know.

The two people to my left are playing VERY loose before the flop so a reraise won't get them out, but also, the initial raise will likely thin the rest of the field to the same extent my 3-bet would.

Here's my thought after the hand played out.

Had I just called his raise instead of raising, he would bet the flop giving me the opportunity to THEN raise and hopefully force off the crazies. Experience showed they were much more likely to fold instead of CC 2 bets, though they still did their fair share.

So, of course since I raised, UTG checked, so with my bet only being 3, their odds are now virtually unlimited which is why on the flop of Q97 rainbow, the second behind me called with this pocket 3's, which he hit a set with on the turn, and then proceeded to let me bet and just call 4th and 5th street.

Now I guess that result to the hand shouldn't influence this decision, but would what I described as a possibile course of action be considered too fancy of a play?