Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Email from PPA - My Congressman supports bill??

I got this email from the PPA just now.....
A Message from PPA Chairman
The Honorable Alfonse D'Amato

Dear Fellow PPA Member:

As your chairman, it brings me great pride to report that your Member of Congress has agreed to co-sponsor HR 2046. Your grassroots efforts are making an enormous difference!

HR 2046 was introduced on April 26, 2007 by House Financial Services Committee Chairman Rep. Barney Frank. If HR 2046 becomes law, online poker will be safe, secure and regulated. The bill would create stringent licensing to ensure that poker players and consumers are protected.

Thanks to the great work of grassroots poker activists like you, your Member of Congress is now a co-sponsor of HR 2046. Now, we really need to show your Representative that we appreciate this important gesture of support.

Please take a moment to send your U.S. Representative a brief "Thank You" note, by clicking here or below. As a former Senator, I can tell you that lawmakers need to hear this kind of positive feedback to assure them that the voters back in their district support their efforts.

Please click below to send your Thank-You note today. And stay tuned for more updates as Congress continues to move closer to protecting our rights to play the great game of poker. Together, we will prevail!

Sincerely,
The Honorable Alfonse D'Amato
PPA Chairman

Anyone else get this? Before I fall over thanking him I would like to know if it's true. Anyone know how I can find this out?