Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Not sure about this? Thoughts?

Here we are again playing in the local bar with THE worst players in Canada.

$1/$2 NL 8 handed.

6 limpers. Flop is 10,8,7 rainbow.

Player 'A' bets $12. Player 'B' calls. Everyone else folds.
I know player 'A''s game pretty good (he knows mine just as well) and when he bet the flop, I knew he had at worst 2 pair. My real gut instint tells me he flopped the straight.
I'm sitting accross the table from player 'A' (not beside him).

The turn is a 6.
The board is now 6,7,8,10.

Player 'A' bets $10 again. Now I know he flopped a straight. Player 'B' raises to $30. He hit his open ender.

Player 'A' looks like a kid in the candy store and pushes his remaining chips in the middle. Player 'B' is never ever the type to fold here. Everyone knows this.

He grabs his chips (about $80), puts them over the 'betting line' to make the call, puts them very very close to the felt and begins to drop them. 1 chip, 2 chips, 3 chips (all $10 value) and is counting the amount as he is dropping them.

As he is making the call, I say "player 'A' has J,9 for sure"... I probably shouldn't of said anything at all, but he had his chips over the line and half of them dropped on the felt. Player 'A' at this point flips over his cards because even in his point of view player 'B' had made the call and shows his J,9 for the nut straight.

Player 'B' then says he didn't call. He just happened to have dropped his chips over the betting line and on the felt. An argument ensued. He did not say the word 'call'.

I asked him if he was going to call before player 'A' prematurely flipped over his cards and he said "of course I was" yet he still thought he had the right to pull his bet back.

Player 'B' doesn't win too often. Player 'A' does.
Player 'B' was obviously very very broke for trying to do what he did.

We let player 'B' take back his chips.

What are eveyrone's thoughts here.

Thanks